Monday 1 October 2012

Finding a Way, and Taking a Stand

08:00 pm

A delay.. In fact it's been a very very long delay since I last blogged. I Apologize(to myself). 

What kept me away is a certain kind of repulsion,.. a kind of detachment that I developed from my project. The reason was my external guide. The 2nd Sunday conversation with him was horrible. As I had written down on the blog, I had decided I was going to ask him certain questions so that I was sure of the basics, .. the framework fundamentals of the project. But as I realized that he was busy that day, and would call for 'project discussion' from the airport, I realized I didn't have enough time. Didn't want to take the risk of not having the answers to the questions, so decided to ask the questions right away, as soon as the conversation started.

Did that. To my surprise, he took it as me not knowing anything about the project!!! He asked me if I knew what 'Ultrasound' was; for crying out loud! He said 'I can't go to such a low level'. That hurt me big time.

Not going to talk much about that incident, because it only brings back bad memories. But as the conversation went on, I hope he realized that I knew something as we discussed about the simulation part. What I got as answers from that phone conversation was only that, I had to send him the papers, he'll look through it, and call me in 1 or 2 days to tell me if it was okay to continue with computer simulations. 

Needless to say, firstly from his thinking that 'I do not know anything', and secondly from his not calling on Monday or Tuesday after the 2nd Sunday call, means that he hasn't gone through the progress mails or the attachment mails that I've sent him so far. Disappointed in him. really! 

Anyway,.. since I got no response from him and had to find out about the mechanical simulation facility availability, went and met up with my internal guide. After a good 15 minutes discussion, we came to a conclusion that, computer simulation was much more controllable, and trustworthy, and moreover, easier, and time-saving compared to the method as suggested by my external guide. Same is the feeling here. As the 3rd Sunday approached, I decided to enroll myself into the Image and video processing workshop in GEC, to get a hang of MATLAB, which I did. For this, I had to miss the 3rd Sunday discussion. I intimated my external guide about it. He didn't reply with the rescheduling date. Thought it might be too nagging of me to reply again asking for a phone discussion appointment. So didn't, hoping he would call me sometime next day or so. Well, no surprises here, he didn't. So, messaged him today this :" Sir, hope you had a look at the paper I mailed you. Should I proceed with the computer simulation work?" To which he replied, "Let us discuss first :)"

I disagree on waiting for his decision to come, I decide on continuing. 

ATB!

No comments:

Post a Comment