Thursday 13 September 2012

Persistent Problems

07:10 am

Yesterday, at around 2:45 pm, Nilkath called up with a news that I was dreading. He said, the audio  from the ultrasound Doppler is not recordable. He tried it, but only images can be stored. Not even video recording is possible.

Solutions to this:

1. I remember reading somewhere that 15 to 45 secs of .avi clips can be stored in the ultrasound machine. Possibility is that, may be the model that I read about is different. So, I messaged to ask Nilkanth the model number. He said it was Phlips HD11XE. Read throgh all the documentation possible about the data management capabilities of this model. Couldn't find any mention of audio or video storage capability.

2. At this instant I remember my External guide telling me something to the effect, "What if, by using some kind of recording device, you could capture the sound coming from the ultrasound machine, and process it to diagnose Placental Dysfunction?" Now I realise and understand why he said that. So, going by his way, I could buy a digital recorder to record the audio output from the ultrasound machine. Two ways it could be done,

  • Hold the recorder in front of the speaker. Need a digital recorder not a tape recorder. I donno how that works. Gotta find out.
  • If audio output ports exists, gotta find out if any digital audio recorder can be connected to these ports.

In any case, I will have to be there in the ultrasound lab at all times to record the output by myself. Can't ask Nilkanth to do it.

3. If the above two solutions get striked off, I will have to go for a Doppler ultrasound machine, and ask Nilkanth to do the same procedure that he does with the ultrasound machine with my hand-held machine. For this both the thing I dislike will have to be done. 1. Ask him to do it, 2. I have to be there.

First step, straight into the puddle. :(

ATB.

No comments:

Post a Comment