Tuesday 11 September 2012

A Visit in Vain

12:45 pm

Returned a half an hour back from what I may call a futile visit to Goa Medical College. Shouldn't have had such high hopes about today. :( Was hoping to stay there, see patients, and whichever patient does the Doppler that I need, tell Nilkanth to copy only that data, and burn my CD. Turned out, I went at the wrong time. It was very crowded and everyone was very busy. I didn't realize that I was imposing, untill Nilkanth told me to leave the CDs with him. So, will be going there next to collect the CDs when he informs me that it's done. Have informed him that I need the audio clip of MCA and UAD for IUGR. Hope he remembers to  do it. Not having a good feeling about this :( Let's hope for the best..

The only good thing that happened is that I got time to prepare for the remaining work. Cousin sister Sneha Nargundkar informed that the reviews will surely be on this weekend, which gives me only 2 days to be prepared with the ppt. Have prepared the outline. Will be doing the first two bullets today. I think this top isn't lucky for me.. 2nd instance of something bad happening when I've worn this top. Hmm..

Anyway, ATB!

06:30 pm

Editing this post.. Urgently.. Because I just stumbled upon a very important fact and a consideration that I should make right at the beginning of project. That of gestational age! The placental or fetal conditions vary during the period of maternity. The diagnosis too, thus, varies. In my Signal Extraction system, there exists a neural network component which learns the data fed to it to get trained to interpret.

Firstly, I will have to decide on a particular range of gestational age for which my system will work. Secondly, due to this fact, the system will have to be trained with the data belonging to this gestational age! Now, depending on this, to come up with a range, I have to either go with gestational age of majority data  that Nilkanth gives me, OR I can find a paper on the net which will mention which is the best gestational age at which Placental Insufficiency can be detected, OR I can find a paper on the net which will mention which is the most common gestational age at which either Umbilical Artery or Middle Cerebral Artery Doppler is performed. Freeks.. Gotta make this very important decision, right away!

ATB!

No comments:

Post a Comment