Wednesday 29 August 2012

Wavelet is the Way to do it!

07:30pm

So, a day well spent today! Dr. Robi Polikar's Wavelet Transform Tutorial was awesome. Gave the in depth knowledge of why wavelets are important and how the Wavelet Transform works. Then, studied and revised  a bit of Digital Image Processing from the 3rd Edition of Gonzalez and Woods. Seemed like our lecturer made it sound a little tougher than it actually was.

Then, BOMB! 1st Project reviews to be held in the 2nd or the 4th week of September. Today is 29th. Another week or two is the max that I get to come up with a presentation and a report. Knew this was coming. Have my resources and background knowledge ready, only gotto put it together.

One of the problems that I was having for the past so many weeks just got solved. Dr. Manisha Vernekar responded. Quite kind of her to take out the time and explain to me so many things. She mentioned the book  "23rd Edition Williams Obstetrics" which had everything I needed. Sat up, searched for the torrent, found it, downloaded the file at the speed of 6 - 7 kbps (can you imagine?). Now I have the material to get the workflow ready. Yippee...!

So, next job is to get the workflow ready, and show it to the External Guide. Then I can ask him about the database that I can work with. Will also inform him about the Signal Processing Project workflow that I have come up with. Let's see what he has to say. Hope he replies.

  • Get chapter 3, 4 from Dr. Sardesai
  • Get the workflow ready 
  • Mail  the External Guide and ask for the database
Deadline : 3rd September 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment