Sunday 26 August 2012

New Directions

Gotta start! How? Where?

Few alternatives I know, and as per what I had planned...

1. According to Ulman sir, I have to team up with an OB/GYN and understand the process of diagnosis of Placental Insufficiency.
Sol: Have asked Dr. Manisha Vernekar to help me out. But seeing her involvement in the past, I think better look out for some other source too. Neha,.. any other OB/GYN we can go and meet up?? :(

2. According to me,. I have to understand how the instrument produces the audio signals
Sol: Have the notes for it. Gotta have the patience and read it up. Done with 2 chapters. Will paste the summary of points soon.

3. Have to go to Dr. Sardesai again to get that book for its chapter 3 and 4.

4. Looks like MATLAB is the way to do any kind of singnal processing on biological signals. Gotto study that. Gotta get the text book for that.

5. Also, looks like neural network might be the answer to decision making circuit.. Gotta study that!

6. Spectral analysis will be based on PSD, Spectrogram, and wavelets. Gotta study that!

7. My most important worry, .. database to work with?? Assuming Dr. Ulman will provide me with it, but, he won't show willingness to give untill we are done with the initial study that he's asked for. Fast Fast Fast!!

No other way, but to get the correct text books for these studies. Internet surfing is only wasting time!!

So, the next time I post, I'll be ready with
i) The study of a seniors project report, and thus the way to go about doing the signal processing in my project.
ii) The knowledge of how doppler audio output is obtained from an ultrasound machine.
iii) The knowledge of how a doctor diagnoses the presence of Placental Insufficiency through the 3 trimesters.
iv) Ready resources of Neural Network, PSD, Spectrography, Wavelet Transform, FFT STFT etc. for study

Ciao! ATB!

No comments:

Post a Comment