Saturday 18 August 2012

Meeting with the External Guide

Saturday, 18th August, 01:34 pm

Met up with the External Guide yesterday, our external guide, to discuss how the project should proceed. In the 7 mins chat he drew a sketch of the entire project, and it's flow. It basically matches what I had visualized all this while, so, no surprises there,.. quite happy about it! :) Also happy that there's nothing that has been done that's quite like it anytime before, and if my project is successful, at the end of it, I will have a new technology at hand.. possibly a patent. Yeay! And this does actually get me excited.

Now, for an ME student it is always a matter of pride if the project is sponsored, or under some company. But, the bad part of this is that, if, I come up with something new, the company gets to own the innovation, not the person. My guide, belongs to a company, but it doesn't look like he's guiding us as a part of the company, instead as a trial execution of his own curiosity. So, I like it like how it is. Don't want to get affiliated with the company. Nice? Here's a pic of what he wrote on the page looks like.


No comments:

Post a Comment