Monday 17 September 2012

No Go with a Confused Head

10:46 am

What did start out with ? What am I doing? What will this take me to? 

My Project Title as I have submitted to the Goa University is "Analysis of audio output of Ultrasound Doppler for Diagnostic Applications using Signal Processing Techniques". Now, I'll just try to breakdown the title and see if I see all of those things being accomplished in sight. I'll start with, 

Signal Processing Techniques : Yes, as far as I can see, I'll have to do this by myself, no problem, but looks like that's the only part that is going to be actually related to my branch of communication. Now what is the input to this signal processing system, and what is its expected output?

Expected input: Audio signal from patient
Problem: Too many variants, needs detailed observation, might lose focus on necessary data in trying to maintain stable conditions to take observations in.
Solution: Simulate the blood flow and measure the data. Thus stable and known operating conditions and flow, open for verification.
Problem: The output from the simulated system isn't audio, instead, it is the velocity of flow.
Need solution for this!

Expected output: A classification eg, normal, abnormal, or output giving specific condition. It is plane useless if the output gives a velocity profile. Because that an ultrasound machine can do!

Here's what I'm thinking pictorially : 

The Expect Project Flow :









The Actual Project Flow that it has turned out to be :









What I need is a block that will bridge the gap between these two different input blocks, which looks something like this : 


This is a very very important paper which lets me add that second block, and it's the only only solution to the problem in sight to me! Otherwise, just gotta follow what my External Guide says!

No comments:

Post a Comment